Building Surveys & Reports
Following an initial meeting on site, perusal of the property and discussion with the client, we would then prepare a quotation for consideration, detailing out the extent of the survey, then time scale required and the costs involved.
Generally the property survey would include:
- Measuring, sketch detailing and levelling
- Property History
- Site topography, trees, and other features
- Major structural findings
- Insignificant defects and what they could mean
- Results of tests for damp in the walls
- Woodworm, dry rot and other damage to timbers
- The conditions of existing damp proofing, insulation and advice on non-tested drainage
- Information on the materials used to build the property and any relevant technical information
- The approximate costs for possible repairs
- Recommendations for further investigations on the property
Please note we do not undertake property surveys for the purpose of securing mortgages and a property survey is not a valuation.